What is the sonnenBatterie?
The sonnenBatterie is a fully-integrated, smart home storage solution made up of safe and long-lasting Lithium Iron Phosphate (LiFePO4) battery modules, intelligent energy management software, and a power inverter.
“Fully-integrated” means that the three components are designed to work together and offer a high-quality product in one neat box. “Smart home storage” means that the energy management software includes a self-learning algorithm that continuously adapts to your consumption patterns to achieve the highest self-consumption and savings for your household.
How many sonnenBatteries have been installed to date?
Up until 2020, sonnen has sold 80,000 sonnenBatteries worldwide.
Why should I choose sonnenBatterie over other brands?
Every household uses and produces energy differently. sonnenBatterie takes this into account via its smart energy manager, making the most out of your solar energy by responding to your house’s specific energy demands. The system maximises your self-consumption and with it, your savings. sonnenBatterie is designed to last well beyond the warranty period and incorporates the safest cell technology.
What is the right capacity for my household?
The sonnenBatterie is a modular home storage system and can be designed to fit exactly your household’s needs. That also means that it’s capacity can be increased even after install, if the initial system design does not have enough capacity to power you through the night. Additional battery modules can be added at a later time by your solar retailer to match your increased energy needs. Just give them a call and ask for a capacity upgrade.
Tip: To find the right capacity for your household, check your electricity meter in the evening and in the morning for a few days to find out what you use during peak times (e.g. between 6pm and 6am).
Tip: Make sure that you get a battery cabinet from the get-go.
How much does sonnenBatterie cost and where do I buy one?
The price of a sonnenBatterie depends on the chosen battery capacity and will be quoted by the solar retailer from whom you get the system installed. sonnen work together with quality solar retailers across the country who are specialists in offering solar systems and energy storage solutions. To get product consultancy and a quote, call us on 13 76 66 or registerherefor a call-back from our customer support.
What is the warranty on a sonnenBatterie and how does it compare?
sonnen offers a 10-year Full Warranty on all its components. This means that your investment is protected for 10 years or 10,000 cycles, whichever comes first. During the warranty period, all components of your sonnenBatterie are covered: the inverter and all power electronics, the energy manager and the battery modules. Even the sonnenProtect comes with a 10-year warranty.
Is the warranty affected when I join a Virtual Power Plant?
No. The warranty allows for charging and discharging the battery 10,000 times within 10 years. It is therefore designed to provide multiple charging cycles per day, which makes it one of the few storage solutions viable for use in Virtual Power Plants (VPP).
Is the sonnenBatterie safe?
Yes! We only use the safest Lithium technology available: Lithium Iron Phosphate (LFP or LiFePO4). Since the very first sonnenBatterie, sonnen have been relying on LFP battery modules because of LFP’s inherent safety attributes. The main point being that the battery cells do not burn and are therefore the ideal choice for our residential energy storage solution.
Why does sonnen use LFP battery chemistry?
The simple answer is: It’s the safest Lithium Ion chemistry available for home battery systems. Battery cells made of LFP are durable and safe. We’ve been testing various battery chemistries since 2009 and have always chosen LFP battery cells over other battery chemistries such as Lithium Manganese Nickel Cobalt (MNC).
Does the sonnenBatterie always need to be connected to the Internet?
Yes. It does so for warranty purposes and for you to be able to monitor your household energy. The functions of the system are also working without an internet connection, but it cannot receive automated software updates, you will not be able to use the monitoring and sonnen does not provide warranty.
How do I know the sonnenBatterie is working?
Under normal operation, the sonnen logo - called eclipse - pulsates white. Through its Internet connection, the system sends metering data to the online portal and monitoring app and informs our technical service about maintenance requirements. We work together with your installer to make sure the sonnenBatterie gets back online asap if it ever loses connection. The different colours displayed by the eclipse and their meanings are listed below:
- Pulsing White: Normal operation - No worries, everything works fine.
- Pulsing Green: Off-grid operation - No worries, your most important appliances are being supplied.
- Pulsing Orange: No Internet connection - Try to restart your internet router.
- Solid Red: Error - Please call service.
Is the sonnenBatterie recyclable?
Yes. The components used in the sonnenBatterie are fully recyclable. The power electronics can either be refurbished for second life or scrapped for their metal. The LFP battery modules are the most environmentally-friendly Lithium Ion technology available to date, and can be taken apart to reuse both the Lithium and the Iron Phosphate components.
What is sonnenProtect?
sonnenProtect is an optional accessory that can be installed with your sonnenBatterie to ensure power supply to dedicated circuits during a blackout. Blackouts can happen e.g. when extreme weather damages the network and electricity supply through the grid is interrupted.
Does the sonnenBatterie power my house when the grid fails?
In its standard configuration, the sonnenBatterie only supplies your house when the grid is online. If you want to protect dedicated circuits and important appliances against grid failure, your installer adds sonnenProtect, which supplies your most important appliances with energy stored in your sonnenBatterie.
Does the sonnenBatterie recharge during grid failure (blackout)?
If sonnenProtect is installed together with a sonnenBatterie hybrid, your system offers recharging during blackout and can supply dedicated circuits in the household, even if the connection to the grid stays offline for days.
What is sonnenFlat?
sonnenFlat is the world's first energy retail offer designed for home battery owners. For a low monthly fee, sonnenBatterie owners receive a generous yearly energy usage allowance, and gain access to sonnen’s energy sharing platform, the sonnenCommunity.
Where do I sign up for sonnenFlat?
If you have a sonnenBatterie already and are yet to experience the full benefits of sonnenFlat, just sign uphereor call us on 13 76 66.
How do I know which plan is right for me?
When selecting which sonnenFlat plan is right for you, start by determine your eligibility based of your PV solar size and sonnenBatterie Usable battery capacity then look at your Annual household usage. To determine which plan if the right fit for your family.
The solar retailer of my choice does not know about sonnenFlat. What do I do?
That's no problem! Because sonnenFlat is essentially an electricity tariff by sonnen, we will help you switch from your current electricity retailer to sonnen and activate sonnenFlat for you. Please contact us via 13 76 66 or send us an atsonnenFlat@sonnen.com.au
How long does it take to transfer me from my old energy retailer to sonnenFlat?
Switching energy retailers to sonnen eServices may only take a few days! Delays can occur for customers with out-of-date meters, or lock-in contracts with their current retailer.
Does sonnen also offer grid services in other countries?
Yes. The sonnen Virtual Power Plant is already active in Australia, Germany, Italy, the U.K. and the U.S.
Does the yearly allowance include the energy produced from my solar system?
The yearly allowance of your sonnenFlat package refers to your total household consumption, irrespective of where it comes from: the grid, solar or battery.
Are there any additional costs associated with my sonnenFlat membership?
No. Up to Annual household usage allowances,each kilowatt-hour of electricity costs you $0. If you go beyond the free electricity, you’ll get our cheap community energy for the rate specified for your network. Check out the Energy Pricing Sheet for your networkhere.
How does sonnen invoice the excess energy used outside the annual allowance?
If you exceed your Annual Household Usage Allowance, the excess usage rate will apply, but only to the energy consumption from the grid. You will not be charged for energy that comes from your solar system or your sonnenBatterie. We are always looking out for the best cost-structure to offer a rate that is competitive in every network. Check out the Energy Pricing Sheet for your networkhere.
How will I know if I have exceeded my annual energy allowance?
Transparency is important. You can check your consumption by logging into your online portal or monitoring app. Your monthly sonnenFlat invoices will also show your grid consumption.
When do I see any excess usage charges and solar feed-in credits?
Any excess usage or solar feed-in credit will be calculated and added to your account at your 12 month anniversary.
Is the sonnenFlat promotion still available?
There are currently no special promotions running for sonnenFlat. For the most up to date information regarding sonnen energy packages, please visitsonnen.com.au/energyor call us on 137 666.
How to read my sonnenFlat bill?
Please visitsonnen.com.au/feesto understand betterhow to read and decipheryour sonnenFlat bill.
What’s the minimum period to stay on sonnenFlat?
There is no minimum contract period, we believe in our products and are confident that sonnenFlat is the best energy retail offer for you. If you still wish to leave the plan, you simply sign up with another electricity retailer, who will cancel your sonnenFlat subscription on your behalf.
Once I choose sonnenFlat, will I still be in a contract with my current electricity provider?
No. We will switch you over from your current electricity provider to sonnen. Our energy retail arm sonnen eServices will become your new energy provider. This will make you 100% independent from conventional energy retailers!
Does sonnenFlat decrease the performance of my sonnenBatterie?
Self-consumption of customers is not limited by the sonnenFlat. For the batteries, sonnenFlat is not a burden because they are based on the robust lithium iron phosphate technology and with a lifespan of 10,000 charging cycles, are designed for additional applications than just self-consumption.
What happens to my battery during grid services?
Your sonnenBatterie is participating in a Virtual Power Plant, where it helps to compensate for fluctuations in grid frequency. Depending on the demand, electricity is either temporarily stored in the battery or released to the grid. With your sonnenBatterie you make an important contribution to the energy revolution.
What’s sonnen’s VPP and how does it support the grid?
sonnen digitally connects sonnenBatteries into a large virtual battery, the VPP. This VPP uses green energy and storage capacity from the sonnenBatteries to stabilise fluctuations in the electricity grid and place downward pressure on energy prices. Only by connecting many customers’ batteries into one VPP, is the sonnenCommunity able to take the place of traditional CO2 intensive power plants.
Does sonnen’s VPP affect my electricity supply?
No. Your supply is always guaranteed by your Distributor and sonnen. Did you know? VPP activity actually improves grid stability!
Does sonnen’s VPP affect my black out protection?
No. The sonnenBackup-Box and sonnenProtect are not affected by your battery’s contribution to the VPP. The VPP is not active during black outs.
How does sonnenConnect work?
When you signup to sonnenConnect, yougive sonnen the right to remotely operate the battery. sonnen is able to operate the battery to stabilise the local grid. Youdon't need to do anything.
Is there a agreementfor this offer?
Yes, there is a contract between the sonnenBatterie operator (you the sonnenBatterie owner) and sonnen Australia Pty Ltd. Please click here to see the terms.
When will I receive payments for my participation in sonnenConnect?
Funds will be deposited in your bank account at the end of each month.
Is my daily rate fixed and how long is it guaranteed?
Rates and terms are detailed in product termsheets.
Is the payment rate different for different battery sizes?
Is there any minimum battery size for this offer?
Yes, 4 kWh of usable capacity.
Can I have both sonnenConnect and sonnenFlat (or another VPP)?
No.sonnenFlat customers are already participating in our VPP. One can be in either sonnenFlat or sonnenConnect, but not both. This also applies to VPPs outside of sonnen.
Will I get paid my feed-in-tarifffrom my retailer for energy sent back to the grid?
Any exports to the grid will continue to appear as feed-in on your electricity bill. Your sonnenConnect agreement is independent of your electricity retail contract.
Do I need a smart meter?
No, there are no grid meter requirements for sonnenConnect.
Are there exit fees?
No. Youmay exit at any time, we just need 2 weeks notice. No exit fees apply.
Will my battery be accessed during a blackout event?
No. Failure of supply in the local grid removes the battery from the VPP. VPP is only active on a live local grid.
Will sonnenConnect impact my battery reserve in any way?
sonnen does not access the energy reserved by the sonnenBatterie.
How much energywill you usefrom my battery?
This will depend on the needs of the grid services. You will receive a report on a regular base detailing the amount of energy used.
Will my participation in sonnenConnect affect my sonnenBatterie warranty?
No. sonnenBatteries are warranted to 10,000 cycles over 10 years, or 2.7 full cycles per day on average. Participation in sonnenConnect will not affect the sonnenBatterie warranty.
How can I see if my battery has been used for a VPP event?
Each month you will receive a report detailing any participation, see below for a sample of the monthly report.
What is thesonnenCommunity?
The sum ofsonnenBatterieowners and sonneneServicescustomers form thesonnenCommunity. Together, we accelerate the global energy transition to a renewable, decentralised energy system. Every household with a photovoltaic system and asonnenBatteriegets the world closer to achieving our vision of clean and affordable energy!See our map to find out where we are!
Home Battery Schemes
Can I buysonnenBatteriethrough a Home Battery Scheme?
Our home battery qualifies for all available battery schemes across the different states in Australia. To get more information, get in touch with a local solar retailer or registerherefor a call-back from our customer support.
South Australia: Home Battery Scheme
What are the rules around the SA Home Battery Scheme, and what do I need to know to secure the subsidy?
Please refer to the SA State Government’s website for more informationhere.
Victoria: Solar Battery Rebate
What are the rules around the VIC Solar Battery Rebate, and what do I need to know to secure the subsidy?
Please refer to the VIC State Government’s website for more informationhere.
New South Wales: Empowering Homes Program
What are the rules around the NSW Empowering Homes Program, and what do I need to know to secure the interest-free loan?
Please refer to the NSW State Government’s website for more informationhere.
Northern Territory:Home and Business Battery Scheme
What are the rules around the NTHome and Business Battery Scheme, and what do I need to know about the scheme?
Please refer to the NT State Government’s website for more informationhere.
Do you still have a question? Please get in touchvia our contact formand a friendly sonnen team member will be in touch with you soon.
- Could you tell me about yourself and describe your background in brief? ...
- How did you hear about this position? ...
- What type of work environment do you prefer? ...
- How do you deal with pressure or stressful situations? ...
- Do you prefer working independently or on a team?
- Who is your hero?
- If you could live anywhere, where would it be?
- What is your biggest fear?
- What is your favorite family vacation?
- What would you change about yourself if you could?
- What really makes you angry?
- What motivates you to work hard?
- Where do you see yourself in five years? ...
- What are your strengths/weaknesses? ...
- Why should we hire you? ...
- Tell me about yourself / your past work experience. ...
- Why do you want to work for us? ...
- What are your salary expectations? ...
- What skills or experience will help you succeed in this role?
- Is there anything else you would like to know more about?
- When can I expect to hear from you?
- Do you need any additional materials from me?
- What else would be helpful to know about me?
- When are you hoping to have your top candidate start?
- "Tell me about yourself." This is not the time to share your life story. ...
- "What do you think is your greatest weakness?" ...
- "What did you like least about your last (or current) job?" ...
- "Where do you see yourself in 5 years?" ...
- "Tell me about a time you failed."
The STAR method is a structured manner of responding to a behavioral-based interview question by discussing the specific situation, task, action, and result of the situation you are describing. Situation: Describe the situation that you were in or the task that you needed to accomplish.
- What was your favorite food when you were a child?
- What's the #1 most played song on your iPod?
- What is one of your favorite quotes?
- What's your favorite indoor/outdoor activity?
- What chore do you absolutely hate doing?
- What is your favorite form of exercise?
- What's the weirdest dream you've ever had?
- If you could travel to any year in a time machine, what year would you choose and why?
- If you could change one thing about yourself, what would it be?
- What's one of the most fun childhood memories you have?
DESCRIBE YOURSELF IN 3 WORDS! (How to ANSWER this ...
- Tell me about yourself? ...
- Why do you want to work for [insert company name]? ...
- How did you hear about this job? ...
- Tell me about something on your resume. ...
- Why are you looking for a job? ...
- Why should we hire you? ...
- Where do you see yourself in five years?
A closed-ended question, by definition, is a question that could be answered with a one-word answer or a simple "yes" or "no." In research, a closed-ended question refers to any question in which participants are provided with options to choose a response from.
Open-ended questions are questions that allow someone to give a free-form answer. Closed-ended questions can be answered with “Yes” or “No,” or they have a limited set of possible answers (such as: A, B, C, or All of the Above).
Probing questions ask for more detail on a particular matter. They're often follow-up questions like, 'Could you tell me more about that?' or 'Please explain what you mean. ' Probing questions are meant to clarify a point or help you understand the root of a problem, so you know how best to move forward.
- Describe a single project or accomplishment that you consider to be the most significant in your career to date. ...
- When was a time you messed up? ...
- Tell me about a time you failed. ...
- What did you like and dislike about your previous job? ...
- Do you have any questions for me?
- Can you tell me more about the day-to-day responsibilities of the role? ...
- How could I impress you in the first three months? ...
- Are there opportunities for training and progression within the role/company? ...
- Where do you think the company is headed in the next five years?
- Can love really last a lifetime? ...
- Why do married folks begin to look like one another? ...
- Can a marriage survive betrayal? ...
- Why does summer zoom by and winter drag on forever? ...
- Do animals really have a sixth sense? ...
- Why does the line you're in always move the slowest?
Answer “what is your greatest weakness” by choosing a skill that is not essential to the job you're applying to and by stressing exactly how you're practically addressing your weakness. Some skills that you can use as weaknesses include impatience, multitasking, self-criticism, and procrastination.
How To Introduce Yourself In An Interview! (The BEST ANSWER!)
Don't worry about remembering any of the answers that you wrote. You will naturally develop answers that are similar to your practice. Even though you will never use any of the answers you scripted verbatim in an interview, you will remember the practice and, you will be more confident.
- Relevant. A good question is relevant. ...
- Clear. A good question is framed in a clear, easily understandable language, without any vagueness. ...
- Concise. A good question is usually crisp and concise. ...
- Purposeful. ...
- Guiding But Not Leading. ...
- Stimulates Thinking. ...
- Why are you passionate about what you do?
- Where do you see yourself in 5 years' time?
- What do you think makes a good leader?
- Do you think money is important?
- What makes you the happiest?
- What is the most surprising fact you've learnt about yourself?
- What are you afraid of?
- What was your childhood nickname?
- Are you a night owl or an early bird?
- What food describes your personality?
- What's your funniest family tradition?
- Did you have any injuries on the playground as a kid?
- Do you believe in aliens?
- What about ghosts?
A student draws a card out and keeps it hidden from the class. The class then takes turns at asking yes/no questions to discover the type of litter on the card. For example, “Is it made from paper?”, “Do you drink out of it?”, etc. If the answer is “yes” then the student who asked the question has another turn.
- If you could be invisible for a day, what's the first thing you would do?
- What's the biggest secret you've kept from your parents?
- What's the most embarrassing music you listen to?
- What's one thing you love most about yourself?
- Who is your secret crush?
- What did you first notice about me? ...
- So, have you told your friends about us? ...
- How do you flirt? ...
- Are you a show-off when you like a girl or do you play it cool? ...
- Do you think about me when you're alone? ...
- Have you been working out? ...
- Do you like it when a girl makes the first move?
What employers are looking for:
|Analytical skills||Hard skills (defined by the job description)|
|Communication skills||Soft skills (such as public speaking)|
|Ability to work in a team|
- Reflect on your career. Before any interview, it's a good idea to reflect on your career. ...
- Relate it to the job. ...
- Explain how you did it. ...
- Discuss what you learned. ...
- Be sincere in your answer.
- "Tell me a little about yourself." ...
- "What are your biggest weaknesses?" ...
- "What are your biggest strengths?" ...
- "Where do you see yourself in five years?" ...
- "Out of all the candidates, why should we hire you?" ...
- "How did you learn about the opening?" ...
- "Why do you want this job?"
- Can you tell me a little about yourself? ...
- Why are you interested in working here? ...
- What do you know about the company? ...
- Tell me about your previous experience. ...
- What are your strengths? ...
- What do you still need to work on? ...
- How would your previous employer describe you?
I typically prepare around 7-10 interview questions for a 30-minute meeting, leaving some time for follow-ups as well as to see if the candidate has any questions I could answer or concerns I could address.
So, give a clear, concise and compelling outline of who you are and what you've achieved. Steer clear of personal details. Instead, focus on the skills and experience that you have that are relevant to the job. A good tactic is to discuss your present, your past, and your future.
- Q1. Tell us about yourself.
- Q2. What are your strengths?
- Q3. What are your weaknesses?
- Q4. What are your hobbies?
- Q5. What do you know about our company?
- Q 6. Do you have the tools to work from home?
- Q7. Why we should hire you?
- What are your plans for today?
- Could you tell me what you are thinking about?
- How did you complete this task so well?
- What do you believe constitutes having a good life?
- Can you tell me how to make your favorite dinner dish?
- Why do you like the music that you do?
noun. a question asked in direct speech, such as Why did you come? Compare indirect question.
This technique involves starting with general questions, and then drilling down to a more specific point in each. Usually, this will involve asking for more and more detail at each level. It's often used by detectives taking a statement from a witness: "How many people were involved in the fight?"
Leading questions are intended to lead people to answer questions in a specific way based on how these questions are phrased. Often they contain information that the form creator wants to confirm rather than creating a question that tries to achieve a true, unfiltered answer.
There are two main types of question: those that can be answered yes or no, and those that have to be answered with a specific piece of information or a sentence such as I don't know. Each type of question has its own special word order.
- Show that you have skills and experience to do the job and deliver great results. ...
- Highlight that you'll fit in and be a great addition to the team. ...
- Describe how hiring you will make their life easier and help them achieve more.
How To Introduce Yourself In An Interview! (The BEST ANSWER!)